Tuesday, January 17, 2006

3rd Storytime of 2006

Theme:

ME


We Read:


I Like Myself – by Karen Beaumont

Incredible Me by Kathi Appelt


Dances
Shake your Sillies out

Touch your toes to your nose!

Finger plays:
Ten Fingers
I have ten fingers, they all belong to me
I can make them do things, would you like to see?
I can shut them up tight – (make fists)
I can open them wide – (spread fingers out)
I can put them on my head – (put hands on head)
And put them by my side – (hold hands at side)
I can hold them up high – (raise hands high)
I can hold them down low – (put hands on floor)
I can put them in my lap, and hold them just so!


In My Mirror
In my mirror I can see
Two little eyes that look at me.
two little ears, one little nose,
Ten little fingers, ten little toes.
One little mouth I open wide,
two little rows of teeth inside
A tongue that pops both in and out,
lots of joints that bend about.
When I look in the mirror, what do I see?
A beautiful person looking back at me!

No comments: