Tuesday, January 03, 2006

1st Storytime of 2006

Theme:
Happy Birthday January Authors

We read:

Tops & Bottoms
Adapted by Janet Stevens
Birthday January 17!

Timothy Goes to School
By Rosemary Wells
Birthday January 29!

Where once there was a wood
By Denise Fleming
Birthday January 31!


We Sang:
Winnie the Pooh
The song inspired by author A.A. Milne’s Book
Birthday January 18!

Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Robin Plays.
You'll find the enchanted neighborhood of Christopher's childhood days

A donkey named Eeyore is his friend and Kanga and little Roo
There's Rabbit and Piglet and there's Owl,
but most of all Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the PoohWinnie the Pooh
tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear authors!
Happy Birthday to you,

Sang & Danced:

Up, Down And Touch The Ground
(Also a Winnie the Pooh Song)
Up, down, up
When I up, down and touch the ground
It puts me in the mood,
Up, down and touch the ground
In the mood for food
I am stout, round and I have found
Speaking poundage wiseI improve my appetite
When I exerciseI am short, fat and proud of that
And so, with all my mightI up, down and up, down to
My appetite's delightWhile I up, down and touch the ground
I think of things to chew, like honey
With a hefty happy appetite
I'm a hefty happy Pooh
With a hefty happy appetite
He's a hefty happy Pooh

We Danced:
Teddy Bear Playtime from Hap Palmer's CD So Big

No comments: