Tuesday, January 24, 2006

4th Storytime of 2006

Theme:

Chinese New Year!

We Read:


This Next New Year – by Janet S. Wong

A Kamishibai Play from Japan:How the Years Were Named Adapted byChizuko Kamichi

Lion Dance Song

(To the Tune of: Mary Had a Little Lamb)
See the lion dance and prance,

Dance and prance, dance and prance.

See the lion dance and prance

On Chinese New Year's Day.
Hear the firecrackers pop,

Pop, pop, pop; pop ,pop, pop

Hear the firecrackers pop

On Chinese New Year's Day.



Song: Here Come The New Years(To the Tune of: Old MacDonald Had a Farm)

Here come the new years Marching round, E-I-E-I-O

And one of the yearsIs the year of the Rat, E-I-E-I-O

With a squeak, squeak here,And a squeak, squeak there,

Here a squeak, there a squeak,

Everywhere a squeak, squeak.

Here come the new yearsMarching round, E-I-E-I-O.

Additional Verses:Year of the...Ox - moo, moo Tiger - grr,grrr Rabbit - sniff, sniff Dragon - roar, roarSnake - hiss, hiss Horse - neigh, neigh Sheep - baa, baa Monkey - chee, chee Rooster - cock-a-doodle Dog - bow, wow Pig - oink, oink

No comments: