Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Preschool Storytime Session 2

We Read....

Wake Up Vladimir by Felicia Bond

Groundhog Day by Margaret McNamara

Shadows and reflections by Tana Hoban.   





We sang....


I'm a little groundhog
To the tune of I'm a little teapot
by Mrs. B

I'm a little Groundhog round and fat
Sleeping underground is where I'm at
When February rolls around
I pop out and see if my shadow is found!
We did a fingerplay...

Groundhog by Mrs. B.

I'm a little groundhog (use your pointer finger)
I am sleeping underground (make your hand a hole)
is it time to get up?
I poke through the ground. (poke finger through the hole)
I look..... (have the finger look around)

Oh! my shadow I have found!
I guess it's 6 more weeks underground! (put the finger bak in the hole)

We did a craft...

Happy Groundhog Day 


No comments: