Thursday, January 04, 2007

First Storytime of 2007

The first storytime of 2007

1-2-2007
theme:
Lambs.

I read:
Farley Found It! By Bruce Van Patter
When Sheep Sleep by Laura Numeroff

Sang these songs:

Baa, baa black sheep,

Baa, baa black sheep, Have you any wool?Yes, sir, yes sir,Three bags full,One for the master,And one for the dame,And one for the little boyWho lives down the lane.
Baa, baa black sheep, Have you any wool?Yes, sir, yes sir,Three bags full.


I'm bringing home a baby lambie,

I'm bringing home a baby lambie,
Won't my mommy be so proud of me,I'm bringing home a baby lambie,eww! It’s smelly!(smell hands)

I'm scrubbing up the baby lambie,Won't my mommy be so proud of me,I'm scrubbing up a baby lambie,Ooh! It's sticky!(sticky hands)
I'm wiping off the baby lambie,Won't my mommy be so proud of me,I'm wiping off the baby lambie,Now my lambie is nice and clean!(Wipe hands, Hold hands up to show they are clean)

I'm bringing home a baby lambie,Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
Yes, I'm bringing home a baby lambie,and my mommy so proud of me!



And a puppet story called Baa-Choo! based on the book Baa-Choo by Sarah Weeks

It was a great Storytime! 35 people attended!

2 comments:

Bruce Van Patter said...

Hey, I'm glad you were able to use my book -- Farley Found It. Hope the kids enjoyed it.

Mrs. B said...

They loved it! It is so cute! Thanks for writting it!

-Mrs B.